Most toddlers with autism,
- have difficulty playing social games,
- don’t imitate the actions of others,
- reject cuddles initiated by a parent or someone who cares
- and prefer to play alone.
Children and Adults
Both children and adults with autism
- also tend to have difficulty interpreting what others are thinking and feeling.
- A smile or wave may have little or no meaning.
- They may also not have the ability to initiate and sustain conversations with people.
- Many persons with autism are not able to understand things from other people’s perspective. For instance reacting in an unusually negative way when asked to do something by someone else.
- Also not being aware of other people’s personal space.
- Regulating emotions is a Herculean task for most autistic persons. They cry or have outbursts in inappropriate situations. They also exhibit an unusually aggressive behavior especially when there is a change in their routine.
Thank you for sharing this moment with us. Will continue in our next post.
For developmental disability services visit us at https://justintimecareservices.net
For support with developmental disabilities visit us at https://justintimefoundation.org
Autism is a highly variable neurodevelopmental disorder first appearing during infancy or childhood
God Bless You
By Dr. David Rex Orgen
Creator Children’s Center
Invest in your child’s future by providing best education Creator Children’s Center: http://creatorchildrenscenter.com